Sunday, July 11, 2010

About Date in Ms Excel?

Hi, in Excel in A1 their is a date say 11-Mar-2006. I want a formula which should give me 05-apr-2006. If my date is less than 15th of every month should give me next month 05th date if not next of next month's 05th date. Ex : if 11-may-2006 then ans: 05-Jun-06, if 16-may-2006 it should be 05-Jul-06. I want this to be in formula. Thank in advance for any help.

About Date in Ms Excel?
Done! I have tried it and it works.





=IF(DAY(A1)%26lt;16,DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)...





edit: oh dear, Yahoo! Answer won't let me write a long word.





Try put the lines below in one line:





=IF(DAY(A1)%26lt;16,DATE(YEAR(A1),


MONTH(A1)+1,5),


DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+2,5))





Hope it works for you, good luck:)
Reply:Im working on it currently, but its going to very complicated. If im able to finnish it I will have to e-mail it to you, so I hope that is possible. If other people want a copy let me know.





And if someone else manages to do this can they let me know how!!





EDIT:I too have done it, however cannot send it to you, and cannot reproduce it here. It works on a similar way to the other persons, but uses a single IF and a few of the date functions.


No comments:

Post a Comment