Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Date and time change error message in mac?

Today morning , when I switched on my mac powerbook(OS 10.3), I found that the time and date displayed were different. There was an alert that the computer's date and time have beed set of 2001, so I need to change from the system preference, otherwise my computer would behave erratically! Why did I get that message? I switched on and off my computer a couple of times and the date and time were restored to correct timing automatically!

Date and time change error message in mac?
With the limited amount of information I have, and to answer this question with any certainty, it would require me to be watching everything you did on your computer for the last week.





With that said, one can postulate that the powerbooks PMU was probrably reset. It happens if the battery in the Powerbook dies and there is no A/C connected, for a long period of time. Also it is possible that the internal battery is simply dead. It is also possible that you inadvertently reset the PMU manually. See the URL below on how to do that. Maybe you accidently just hit the right buttons to reset the PMU.
Reply:What he said, and... It probably automatically synchronized itself with the Apple time server.


No comments:

Post a Comment