Thursday, August 19, 2010

How can I coordinate a date for a group of people to agree to meet on?

I've put together a book club but when I email them to choose between dates, I get so many responses of that won't work and they give me an alternative date which doesn't work for some of the others. So last time I finally put my foot down and pretended most people chose X date and went with that, knowing some would not be able to make it. This time I thought to simplify the process by jumping ahead and choosing a date myself and then I sent an email informing everyone of it. I got a nasty email back from one of the members stating that she and her friends (about half the group members) would be bowing out since I haven't consulted with them first on the date. i emailed back that I had misunderstood another email, that it wasn't in stone, i'll wait to hear back from them (I've been waiting for 2 weeks and got impatient bec. i have to reserve a room for the group). So how do people go about choosing a date when they arrnage a meeting, with so many people's schedules to consider???help!!

How can I coordinate a date for a group of people to agree to meet on?
You will never be able to please ALL of the people, ALL of the time! I suggest you email the members, with a tentative date, and sort-of give some kind of 'agenda' which will include 'how we schedule a date for meetings!' This should give them an incentive to attend. It will also give YOU an opportunity to reschedule to the majority. Those that STILL can't attend could eMail you with their opinions / suggestions.





You could also offer the job to someone else, if they feel they can do a better job! (This usually silences a LOT of people who don't want the responsibility, but still want to complain.
Reply:Someone has to decide a head of time and the best way to do that is when everyone is together. At the next meeting decide how to go about scheduling in the future. I would suggest you make it the same night each month. Say for example the 2nd Thursday of every month. That way people can plan around the meeting, instead of planning the meeting around everything else.

veneers

No comments:

Post a Comment