Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Question for experts like "lucee" re' Tomorrow's date versus Today's date on e-mails from longtime friend?

One of my other friends (A) received a correctly dated e-mail from the same correspondent (B) whose previous e-mails to me were incorrectly dated. I asked (A) to forward to me a copy of the correctly dated e-mail. When I received it, (A)'s e-mail was correctly dated, however, the forwarded copy of (B)'s e-mail contained the next day's date. I phoned (A) and verified that (A)'s e-mail from (B), indeed, had the correct date whereas the copy sent to me contained tomorrow's date. Any possibility that there is something else wrong beside the possibility that (B)'s computer has the wrong date setting? Thanks for your help. Jeff M

Question for experts like "lucee" re' Tomorrow's date versus Today's date on e-mails from longtime friend?
There is 24 time zones in the world.


Some email servers have there own settings to set a time stamp.


Yahoo for example keep one time setting of PST +8 GMT. No matter where you live.


AOL is right on time with theirs depending on your locality.


Walla Mail is only 0000 GMT.


Mail to the World is depending on where you live.





Very confusing but they each have their own standards.


No comments:

Post a Comment